Monday, May 15, 2006

GSAs get graphic

GSA logo designsGay-straight alliances do make a difference. Unfortunately, student groups usually don't have access to graphic designs that help establish visual identity and spark interest.

I'd like to help change that. If your group wants items with my GSA logos, I will customize the one you choose and set it up on the products you want to buy.

• Look at the large design image and sample products
• Browse available products
• Send email to JamieCo Design with your school's name and choice of products and designs

If you have any questions, please ask JamieCo Design!

About the designs

These are inspired by yet another conversation with my "terp this" friends. Their high school's GSA didn't sell many shirts this year because the design was just white lettering on dark fabric. There could hardly be a more obvious need for professional graphics!

Spin. When I mentioned the idea to our family, they were instantly excited. PPK had recently seen the Angel band logo, which reads the same upside down as right side up. He really, really wanted my design to do the same. (I've learned that this is called a rotational ambigram.) A solution seemed improbable, but a few days later I doodled this in a laundromat.

Neon. I almost always turn my designs into a ton of variations to see what will happen. I suspect my family sometimes dread the eventual, inevitable "Which do you like best?" This one caught my eye because the G and A are more easily recognized.

Toon. Seems to me that a place or group where it's safe for people to be who they are shouldn't be dead serious. That would defeat so much of its purpose! This design is playful, even festive, without being frivolous. FS suggested the six-segment ring in the "B" version, which somehow looks even more friendly than version A.

Classic. Last but not least, this formal design endeavors to be more elegant than conservative; more PBS than CNN, if you will. In both versions, the lowercase letters intensify the rainbow pride stripe where they intersect. I like to think that it suggests we are more together than we are apart and does so in a way that is simultaneously dignified, colorful, and attractive.

Sign up to receive the
JamieCo Design newsletter!
  

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home